Mission and Belief Statements
Tolt Middle School, in partnership with families and community, ensures a safe and respectful environment which inspires excellence and challenges all students to develop their talents as healthy, life-long learners, achievers, and responsible citizens.
Students and the learning process - we believe:
- School is a safe and constructive environment with effective class size.
- Students are taught to respect each other.
- All students can learn, achieve, and succeed.
- Students are challenged to think independently.
Curriculum and instruction - we believe:
- Instructional methods should be varied and geared toward different learning styles.
- Educators who are passionate about their subject matter inspire learning.
- Effective planning, presentation, and assessment ensure excellence in learning.
- Challenging expectations increase student outcomes.
- Diversity increases student understanding of the community and the world.
Community - we believe:
- Students, teachers, parents and the community share the responsibility of education.
- Schools and communities that work together mutually benefit one another.
- Communication with parents is essential.
- Motivation is the responsibility of student, educator, and parent.